Our firm has extensive experience handling both litigation and solicitor’s matters for Bands, Tribes and First Nation organizations, and their members all across British Columbia.
We have lawyers with over 30 years of practice experience dealing with aboriginal law issues. We understand the political and legislative environments that create the challenges that our clients face. Our clients know they can count on us to provide them with a comprehensive overview of their legal positions, sound strategy that promotes their long term goals, and creative options backed with representation by experienced litigators who are familiar with both court and alternative dispute resolution options.
In addition to advising our clients on litigation strategy and representing our clients in court and during settlement negotiations we also offer expertise regarding:
- Band/First Nation Administration, Bylaws, Elections and Band Governance
- Economic & natural resource development for Band/First Nations and Band/First Nation Corporations
- General counsel work for a unique band and municipal not-for-profit corporations
- New reserve acquisitions / addition to reserves, Specific Claims and Treaty work
- Forestry, road and railway rights of way litigation
- Foreshore and water rights